Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Building your own causes!

There are some fantastic causes out there. Team in Training, Boys and Girls Club, etc., but what if you have an idea that doesn't fit into the defined perameters of one of these but you still want to do something. Well why not organize your own Cause?

Recently while sitting down and working out what my next strategy would be for raising funds for my album, I had an epiphany. My album itself has a charitable cause tied to it once it begins to sell, but my initial fund raising efforts are just going to it's creation. So with some creative adjustment of the budget and some inspiration from my current excersise habits I came up with..."Musical Feat".

The "Musical Feat" Campaign combines art and athleticism to provide a positive program for the youth of Portland. The program follows my training for the Portland Marathon, provides an advertising outlet for potential sponsors, raises money to buy shoes for needy kids here in the Portland Metro area, and is also aimed at finalizing the funding needed to complete my recording project.

So what did I do?

I took a need that I saw in the community, identified a way that I could use my talents to help adress that need, then implemented a plan to benefit all parties involved. This is more than just creating buzz, it is taking a fundamental need and doing what I can to help out. My project will benefit from this but many corporations adopt a similar philosophy with their businesses. Heffernan Insurance Brokers adopts a new nonprofit every year to provide services and funding for them as part of their charitable giving program.

Where is the program now?

Right now I am aproaching businesses to finalize the plan of this campaign. I am also generating buzz for the plan by getting the word out and asking everyone that I speak with to pass along the word. Soon you will see a video that I am putting together to recruit supporters and contributors. I am basicaly building a charitable program from the ground up and having a great time doing it.

How can you get involved?

Read this, view my videos http://www.youtube.com/johndovertrumpet and got to http://johndmusic.com and contribute to the project. Pass this along to others you think might be interested and help me get the word out.

For now, thanks for reading this and supporting me and the "Musical Feat" campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment